I am about to give you the most valuable tip I can share to increase your bookings almost instantly! Ready? Have a beautiful, well-kept and mobile-ready website.
One of the most important business investments you will ever make is your website. Make it beautiful, accessible and knowledgable. Think about what you want to see and learn when you are shopping online because essentially this is the same for your potential clients. Have your friends, family and peers look at your website and give you feedback. Your website IS your STOREFRONT and will make the first impression on potential clients when they stop by to check out what you do and have to offer.
Imagine this, you adore the holidays and are excited to go shopping for new Christmas ornaments. As you walk down a street lined with unique Christmas shops and you peek through the front display windows, how do you ever decide which one to step into and spend your hard-earned money? The adorable shop with the shining freshly painted red door with green trim and all the ornaments hanging from a beautiful pine tree in the window? Or the shop next door that looks dark and unkempt with sun-worn, dusty items in the window?
You look a little closer and notice that the items are the same, but the well-kept shop is the one you choose.
So, which store resembles your website? Don’t let another shop get chosen because all you need to do is dust and maybe rearrange your windows and throw on a little paint. Okay, maybe you will need a complete remodel but honestly it will be worth the investment.
Another important factor to consider: Mobile. Many clients are not just browsing from their computers but they are using their smart phones and tablets to look at your website. If you do not have a smart phone friendly site or imagery that showcases YOU and your work, fix it today. Or at least get the ball rolling to fix it.
Additional website tips:
- If you have music make it easy to turn off. Many potential clients are browsing from work.
- Make your website easy to navigate on a computer and a phone or tablet.
- Update your website with fresh content at least every three months.
- Put your contact information on every page making it easy for clients to reach you.
- At the very least put your starting price. Most people want to have at least an idea of what cost would be. Don’t let them assume you are too expensive.
- Again, make sure your website is mobile friendly. This does not mean popping up with tiny writing, this means easy to read and view from a mobile device.
- Show what you want to sell but keep it simple.
- Have a copy editor proof your site or ask several people to proof read your content for you.
I know, I know! Working on your website can be a task, and I know how easy it is to keep putting it off, but I can promise you, this is one time and/or money investment you will get back 100 fold.