Many photographers I know like to slowly transition their boudoir photography clients into their ordering appointments with a slideshow of images. There are lots of solutions out there to create fancy slideshows, but I prefer to keep mine simple–and FREE. How? I use Windows Movie Maker, free software for PC. (If you’re on a Mac, there’s also iMovie, but I’m not Mac-tastic.)
Using just the basics, I’m able to create a perfectly good boudoir slideshow in about 5 minutes, including exporting images and creating a custom name card in Photoshop for each client. Tired of spending hundreds of dollars a year on Animoto? This may just be your cup of tea.
A few notes for you:
- I export my images from Lightroom at 1900px wide and 72ppi since I show my slideshows on my flat-screen TV.
- I create my client name card in Photoshop from a psd that I simply open and change the previous client’s name in, then expert as a jpg.
- I include my client’s entire gallery in color.
- The song I use is called Revival. Artist: Fischer. Source: Triple Scoop Music
- I do offer my slideshows for sale since I own the rights to the music (note: don’t use music you haven’t licensed … it’s theft). I also include it in my largest collection and offer it on occasion as an incentive to increase the sale.
Have questions? Leave them in the comments!